dlr Leisure Sports was set up within dlr Leisure in 2009. Our aim is to support increased participation in sports and recreation, by working with kids aged from 3-18 years old in the local dlr area. We do this by providing accessible community based activities which encourage sustainable development with access to local sports and recreation facilities. Our key partner agencies include DLR CoCo, Dept of Children and Youth Affairs, NDP, NGB’S, An Garda Siochana, HSE and the Irish Sports Council. We also work in conjunction with the FAI, Leinster Rugby and coaches from the various NGB’S. All our coaches on our activities are NGB qualified and are fully Garda vetted.
Who we are
Click Here To View Our Timetable
- Make sport fun
- Positive attitude towards being active, for future health and well being.
- Getting children more active and more often.
- To provide high level coaching in sports for children in their local area.
- Offer a wide range of sports to create an opportunity to try various activities.
- Our programmes take place after school to give all children the chance to attend.
- Promote dlr Leisure facilities throughout the community.