Working for dlr Leisure
Welcome to Career Opportunities, where you will find details of current vacancies. dlr Leisure is the employer of choice for Leisure. We employ over 150 people in a variety of leisure jobs. We offer employment, training and career opportunities that far exceed the rest.
Our expansion ensures that career progression is available for shining stars. dlr Leisure staff are continuously developed through relevant training. dlr Leisure has an envied local reputation and continues to expand its training and development.
dlr Leisure adheres to the Children First National Guidelines for the Protection and Welfare of Children. Garda Vetting Procedures will take place for all relevant employees and volunteers. See our child protection section for more information.
Our Commitment to You
dlr Leisure is committed to ensuring that the recruitment process is efficient, fair, equitable and professional.
Part Time Multi Skilled Leisure Instructors for dlr Leisure Monkstown
dlr Leisure operates and manages 4 Leisure facilities and 1 Golf Club on behalf of Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council. The 4 centres are:
4. Ballyogan and
dlr Leisure Stepaside Golf Club
Key Responsibilities / Specific Duties
· To instruct and teach programmed sports, gym, studio classes and outdoor sports as rostered by the centre management.
· Qualified to teach a variety of classes (i.e. Spinning, Kettlebells, TRX etc.)
· To foster and actively promote a ‘can do’ culture and attitude, which consists: a positive team spirit, delivery of targets and customer focused service delivery.
· To demonstrate proactive positive communication for the benefit of the staff team and customers.
· To be involved in regular Team Meetings with staff as well as management in order to ensure effective communication.
· To demonstrate the utmost regard for customer services in all dealings with internal & external customers, and provide a positive image of the Leisure Facilities and DLR Leisure.
· To actively assist the Centre in continuous improvement and development of performance and quality.
· To ensure that the building is presented in an excellent condition and the quality of cleanliness is of the highest standard at all times.
· To be responsible day-to-day for ensuring the Leisure Facilities compliance with health and safety and that they comply with all the recognised advice, guidance and directives.
· To attend the Centre, when required to cover additional shifts due to absences etc.
· To attend staff training as and when deemed necessary from your line manager.
· To cover as a knowledgeable employee all aspects of the business when required e.g. reception, gym, outdoor pitches (café, playroom – Loughlinstown only and pools in 3 facilities) etc.
Key Result Areas / Overview
- To assist the Centre to meet its performance targets/outcomes with a key focus on customer service.
- To act in a manner, which is credible, professional and promotes DLR Leisure in a positive manner considering its policies and culture?
- To deliver high quality customer focused service, which guarantees repeat custom
- To assist in the building of strong teams through leadership and motivation creating a positive ‘can do’ culture for staff to develop.
- To take responsibility for the day-to-day operational management providing a quality product/service in a safe and friendly environment.
Key Contacts / Communication Links
– Head of DLR Leisure
– Centre Manager
– All staff at Centre
– Leisure Services staff
– Community groups and hirers
In addition the jobholder will be required to
Comply with and promote DLR Leisure Equal Opportunities Policy.
Comply with all policies and procedures which are contained in the Employee Handbook.
Comply with the Code of Conduct and other relevant policy, procedures and legislation.
Comply with and / or ensure compliance with DLR Leisure Data Protection Policies and the Data protection Act and other relevant legislation.
Comply with DLR Leisure Safety Policy and other safety procedures and guidelines are deemed part of this job description. Employees must look after their own health, safety and welfare and be mindful of other persons who may be affected by their acts. Employees must co-operate and comply with management instructions regarding Health and Safety issues and report all accidents, incidents and problems as soon as practicable to their supervisor, manager or other senior members of staff available.
Previous Leisure Instructor experience in the leisure industry is required.
The responsibilities outlined above cannot totally encompass or define all tasks, which may be required of the post holder.
The outline of responsibilities given above may, therefore, vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility or grade.
A full clean driving licence free from endorsements would be beneficial.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed curriculum vitae and a covering letter to apply. Cut and paste the link below into your browser to apply.
All applicants are requested to outline in bullet point format on their Curriculum Vitae the practical fitness class qualifications they currently hold
Closing date for completed applications is 4:30 p.m. on Friday 7th February 2020
dlr Leisure are an equal opportunities employer.
The successful candidate(s) will be subject to Garda Vetting prior to appointment. dlr Leisure reserves its right to shortlist candidates in the manner it deems most appropriate.
If you are interested in working for dlr Leisure but there are currently no suitable vacancies, you can register your details with the Human Resources Manager. Then, as and when a suitable vacancy arises, further details will be notified to you.
Your details will only be kept for a period of 6 months following date of entry onto our database, after which time they will be removed. Your details will only be used for matching employment opportunities.
Whilst dlr Leisure operates this system, we strongly encourage you to still actively look for current vacancies as undoubtedly your priorities, learning and development experiences and job interests will change over time.
If you would like your details added or removed from our database, please contact the Human Resources Manager. Please copy the link below to your browser to apply.
Work Experience Applications
If you are interested in completing your work experience with dlr Leisure please submit a detailed curriculum vitae and a covering letter. Please copy the link below into your browser to apply.
Applicants will be short listed for interview based on experience. dlr Leisure is an equal opportunities employer.